The Bardia National park is located in mid-western Nepal and occupies the Karnali flood plain, the Babai river valley and Siwaliks Ranges. Bardia National park is practically untouched by modernnization and it is a major component of the tiger conservation Landscape in Nepal and it has been declared a “Gift to the Earth”.
The Bardia National park covers 968 sq. km and it is 585 km a way from Kathmandu, the Capital of Kathmandu. The park is the largest and most undisturbed expanse of wilderness in Nepal. Although the largest park it is least explored by foreign tourists cause of being quite far from Central Nepal.
The climate of the Bardia National Park: - The Bardia National Park enjoys three distinct seasons, each of them provides qnique experience, October through early April is quite dry, the days are warm and the nights are cool and pleasant, from April through June, the temperature rises up and reach 45 degree in May, the hot sticky days are way to monsoon rains that last till September , the best time to visit the park is from October through March.
About the 70% land of the Bardia National park is covered with Sal jungle and the remaining 30% is a mixture of grassland and savannah forest. The park headquarter is situated at Thakurdwara and is surrounded by idyllic villages and fields inhabited by an indigenous ethnic group, the Tharu.
Bardia National park became a conservation area in 1976 and then attained National Park status in 1988 AD, Presently a plan is being considered to further expand the park both north and eastwards. Conservation is a strong theme within Bardia; the park as well providing a home habitat for many species also provides an ideal environment for the study of wildlife in Nepal.
More than thirty different mammals, over two hundred species of bird and many snakes, lizards and fish have been recorded within the National park. Both resident and migratory birds can be found within the park boundaries. As well as the numerous more common animals and birds the Bardia National Park is home to 19 of Nepals 39 legally protected species which include the One-horned Rhinoceros, wild Asian Elephant, Bengali Tiger, Swamp Deer, Black Buck Antelope, Gangetic Dolphin and Gharial Crocodile. Endangered birds include the Bengal Florican, the Silver-eared Mesia and the Sarus Crane. In fact the WWF indicated the Bardia National Park as playing a major role in the survival of the world tiger population. As a result, it is not surprising to find that Bardia provides the best opportunity to view the Bengal Tiger in Nepal.
How to Get Bardia National park:
By air flight: There are regular flights from Kathmandu and Nepalgunj (nearest airport) from the Bardia National park and this is the best way to reach Bardia park for the Safari, Upon arrival at Nepalgunj airport, our representative will receive you and transfer you by private vehicle/jeep to the park which is very scenic drive to the Bardia .
By Road: you can reach Bardia National Park by road from any part of Nepal. From whichever direction you approach, Ambassa is the easier turning-off point. By private vehicle, from Kathmandu or Pokhara, takes 12 to 14 hours. From Chitwan National Park allow 8 to 9 hours.
Escape Nepal offers many package for the Jungle safari in Badia National park according to your time or interest, you can take package for 2 nights 3 days or 3 nights 4 days, from our experience the 3 nights 4 days package is the best suited as it is quite far from other tourist destination and we would like to advise to take at least 4 days package for the Jungle safari in Bardia National park and we have given the sample itinerary for the 4 days from Kathmandu to Kathmandu however we can offer you shorter or longer package for the Bardia if you want and from other tourist destination of Nepal like, Pokhara, Chitwan or Lumbini as well, just drop an e mail to us if you want different itinerary than the one that we have proposed here.
We have not included your arrival and departure to and from Nepal on our Bardia Safari Package as we are focusing to visit Bardia National for those people have trek in Nepal as the Jungle Safari in Bardia will be different experience after completion of the trekking in high Himalaya including Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Circuit trek, Annapurna Circuit trek, Renjo la pass Trek and all trek that we have in Nepal, however if you are wild life lover and do not have to have trekking and just want to experience the Jungle tour in the Bardia Park then that is not a problem, you can take our this package and arrange your accommodation in Kathmandu yourself or we also offer you hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with airport transfers and even tour in Kathmandu valley, the Bardia Jungle tour is best combined with tour in Kathmandu for the cultural experience, so, please contact us with your choice then we will tailor you itinerary and offer you.