Permits Required For Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Some permits are required to do the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, which is Langtang national park entry permit and TIMS (Trekkers information management system) permit. We apply and get all these permits for you once you book the trek.
Best Time to go on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
The Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is available and doable throughout the year. However, the autumn season (from mid-September till mid-December) and spring season (from the beginning of March until May end) are the best time to do the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek in terms of weather and temperature.
Fitness required to do Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
A moderate level of fitness is required with daily trekking between 3 to 8 hours to do the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek successfully. You will reach an altitude of 4700m above sea level on this trek so, physical fitness with good health is mandatory to do the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek.
Accommodation on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
We provide a 3-star hotel for three nights in Kathmandu and simple lodge/teahouse accommodation for the rest of the 10 nights on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek. The rooms are basic, and just a bed with a pillow, and blankets on the trek lodge/guest house, and please remember that some of them are very basic, and a sense of adventure is necessary.
The hotel we provide:
- Hotel in Kathmandu – 3 nights: Hotel Moonlight
- Hotel on Trek Routes- 10 nights: Simple Mountain guest house
- Accommodation will be in double/twin share rooms, however, a single room is available at extra cost in Kathmandu.
- Hotel upgrade in Kathmandu is available as there are luxury 4 and 5-star hotels available in Kathmandu so, let us know if you want to upgrade the hotels in Kathmandu.
- A similar category of hotel will be provided if the above-mentioned hotel is not available.
Extra nights in Kathmandu pre or post the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Extra nights in Kathmandu pre or post the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek is available at the US $55.00 per night with airport transfer and breakfast. Let us know if you will arrive earlier or stay in Nepal later than the scheduled dates and need any extra night, then we book.
Meals & Drinks on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
A total of 35 meals (13 breakfast, 11 lunches & 11 dinners) are included on our Langtang Gosaikunda Trek and the meals are taken in hotel/lodges. You have breakfast and dinner at the lodges where you stay overnights and lunch at the lodge available along the trail.
You have a wide variety of Nepali and Western meals Langtang Gosaikunda Trek and drinks (coffee, tea, milk, soft drinks, and beer), and these drinks are not included. So, you can buy them yourself at the available lodge/guest house.
We advise you to bring water purification pills/medicine while coming for the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek since you have normal water for free so, you can use the medicine and drink, or you can buy bottled/boiled/safe water to drink.
Transports on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
We provide private transport for airport transfers and sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and local bus transport from Kathmandu to Syabrubeshi & Dhunche to Kathmandu. However, private jeep/van transport is available on request to drive from Kathmandu to Syaprubeshi & from Dhunche to Kathmandu so, let us know if you want to upgrade the transportation to have a more comfortable drive.
Electricity & Battery Charge in Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
The electricity is available in Kathmandu and in most of the villages of Langtang Gosaikunda Trek where you can recharge your camera/mobile batteries, and you may have to some fee to recharge on the trekking. And we also strongly suggest you have spare batteries to use in case of unavailability.
Guide and crew member on Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
We provide a tourist guide for a day tour in Kathmandu and a trained trekking guide for the whole trek who handles the logistics and guide you and your team on the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek.
We also provide Sherpa (assistant guide) when there are eight or more members in the group, and we provide porters to carry your main luggage on the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek. There is one porter for every two members, and a porter carries about 20 - 22KG, which means 10- 11 KG from each trekker.
Equipment List for Langtang Gosaikunda Trek
Equipment is very important to have a comfortable and successful Langtang Gosaikunda Trek in Nepal. So, you need to pack your gear carefully and pack only the things that you need and not anything that you do not need for the trek.
To help you to pack your gear for the Langtang Gosaikunda Trek, we have given a list that you should not miss while you are packing.
- Four seasons sleeping bag (we provide you one if you do not have one).
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep all your gear, which will be carried by the porter.
- Daypack for yourself to keep your things, such as a camera, water, and things that you need for the day.
- A small lockable bag to keep the extra stuff that you do not use on the trek, and this can be kept at the hotel in Kathmandu and get a return after the trekking.
- A down Jacket (we provide you one if you do not have
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of light-weight warm gloves
- T-shirts 2 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops
- A fleece jacket
- Raincoat (if you are traveling in monsoon time)
- A pair of trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts.
- Some pairs of warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- A pair of light trekking shoes or sandals for camp/lodges
- A water bottle
- Head/torch Light
- A medium-size towel
- Walking poles (optional)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
- We recommend consulting with your doctor for medication suggestions to take for these regions.
Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies), these extra passport photos are necessary to obtain the trekking permits.
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm at least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun cream with SPF 40
- Pocket knife
- Water purification Iodine tablets (optional)
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.