Permits Required for Tamang Heritage Trail
You need to have some permits to trek in Tamang Heritage Trail Trek, and they are Langtang National park entry permit and TIMS (Trekkers information management system) permit. We apply and get all these permits for you once you book a trek.
Best time to do Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Nepal has the two best seasons to trek to the Tamang heritage trail, and they are spring and Autumn. The Spring season is from the start of March to the end of May. And, the Autumn is from the beginning of September to the end of December.
The weather and temperature are suitable for mountain trekking and can view the magnificent view of the mountains. However, the months of January and February are still a good time for the trek to Tamang Heritage Trail.
Fitness Required to do Tamang Heritage Trek
You require a moderate level of fitness with daily trekking between 3 hours to 8 hours to do the Tamang heritage trail trek as you will reach an altitude of 3165m above sea level. You do not need to have previous trekking experience. However, physical fitness, Good health with good stamina, and strong desire are mandatory.
Accommodation on Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
We provide 3-star hotels for 3 nights in Kathmandu and simple lodge/homestay accommodation for the rest of the 7 nights on Tamang heritage trail.
The rooms are basic, normally just a bed with a pillow and blankets on the trek lodge/guest house on the trekking, and please note some of them are very basic, and a sense of adventure is necessary.
The hotel we provide:
- Hotel in Kathmandu: Hotel Moonlight: 3 nights
- Hotel on Trek routes: Simple Mountain lodge/homestay: 7nights
- Accommodation will mostly be on double/twin share, and a single room also is available in Kathmandu.
- The hotel upgrade in Kathmandu is available as there are luxury 4-5 star hotels also available. Let us know if you want to upgrade the hotels in Kathmandu.
Meals & Drinks on Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking
We provide a total of 25 meals (10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, and 7 dinners) on the Tamang heritage trail, and these meals are provided in hotels and lodges. You have breakfast and dinner at the lodge where you stay overnights and lunch at the lodge available along the trail.
You can find a wide variety of Nepali and Western meals on trek and drinks (coffee, tea, milk, soft drinks, and beer) as well, and the drinks are not included in the cost. So, you can buy them yourself on the available lodge/guest house.
We also advise you to bring water purification pills/medicine while coming to Tamang Heritage trails. You can get normal water for free so, you can use this medicine and drink, or you can buy bottled/boiled water to drink.
Equipment List for Tamang Heritage Trail Trek
Equipment is very important to make a comfortable and successful Tamang Heritage Trail Trekking. So, you need to pack your gear carefully and pack only the things you need & should not pack anything that you do not need.
To give you a clearer idea, we have a list that you should not miss while you are packing for Tamang Heritage Trek.
- Four seasons sleeping bag (we provide you one if required and it is returnable after the trek).
- Duffel or Rucksack bag to keep all your gear, which is carried by the porter.
- Daypack for yourself to keep your things. Such as a camera, water bottle, and the things you need for the day. And, this is carried by you.
- A small lockable bag to keep the extra stuff that you do not use on the trek, and this is kept at the hotel in Kathmandu and get a return after you return from the trekking.
- A down Jacket (we provide you one if you do not have, and it is returnable after the trekking).
- Shade hat
- Warm wool hat to cover your ears
- A pair of light-weight warm gloves
- T-shirts 2 pieces
- Lightweight thermal tops
- A fleece jacket
- Raincoat (if you are traveling in monsoon time)
- A pair of trekking pants, preferably that zip on/off at the knees so they double as shorts.
- Some pairs of liner warm socks
- A pair of light to medium weight waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- A pair of light trekking shoes or sandals for camp/lodges
- A water bottle
- Head/torch Light
- A medium-size towel
- Walking poles (optional)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
- We recommend consulting with your doctor for medication suggestions to take for these regions.
Miscellaneous but Important
- Passport and extra passport photos (4 copies) - these extra passport photos are necessary to obtain the trekking permits.
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport.
- Lip balm at least SPF 20, 2 sticks.
- Sun cream with SPF 40
- Water purification Iodine tablets (optional)
- Toiletry kit and be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.